Results of the Wild Mind Festival 2019 Poetry Competition.
The Theme of this year’s competition is ‘Nature’ and we had some really wonderful entries from Fenit and Spa national School. Thank you all for putting your time and imagination to such good use.
The committee, Gráinne Sheppard , Lorraine Carey and Colette Nunan Kenny spent a long time deliberating over the quality entries received.
We were very lucky to have David Williamson as a neutral casting vote to make the final decisions. David is himself and artist and writer. He is a resident of Cambridge and has no prior knowledge of the children involved from either School.
All our entries plus commentary will be on display during the festival. We would like to invite 1st,2nd and 3rd prize winners to come to our Poetry reading at 10am on Sunday the 28th of April to receive their Certificates. We would also love if the Children would read their work for the audience , (if you are too shy maybe mom or dad could read it for you).
8 to 12 Age Category
- 1st Place goes to Ciara Browne, Age11 , Fenit National School with her poem, Then it hit me.
- 2nd Place goes to Arann Murphy , Age 10, Spa National School for his poem , A stroll in the wood.
- 3rd Place goes to Sé O Neill Age 11, for his poem Diving.
4 to 8 Age Category
- 1st Place goes to Emilia Ryan, Age 7, Fenit National School with her poem Butterfly
- 2nd Place goes to Kellan Carey McGibney ,Age 7 ,Fenit National School with his poem Bees
- 3rd Place goes to Adam Duffy, Age 8, for his poem Hello Spring.
There were also some commended poems among our entries
These include; Alicia Moriarty for her lovely poem; Nature, Cara Kelly for her great poem; A stroll around Fenit, Nell Ryan Moriarty‘s clever poem That little place outside the town
And my own personal favourite , Animals by Erin Tuite.
Roman Carey McGibney ,Our Wonderful World
Anna O Sullivan ;Before
Sarah Quirke ; My Garden
Gary parker ; Nature
Also highly commended were Eoghan Farley for Stingray, and the wackiest entry was Leoto Gebhardt’s Nature.